Thursday 6 October 2011

The Zookeeper


Not sure how many of you like Kevin James but every time I see him, I am reminded of The King of Queens. I am also encouraged and immensely thrilled at the end of a not so believable movie or an even more unbelievable episode of any serial that he is part of. Now how else do you think us wide at the centre folks would generate any hope of finding the woman of our dreams and all that crap that people keep giving us stories about . So we generate inspiration in a manner of speaking from watching the likes of Kevin James making a complete and utter fool of himself in front of hotties such as Leslie Bibb who in her right sense of mind would not have given a second glance to the likes of a James but then this is Hollywood and this is the movies. They are meant to show the impossible to provide us with – as I mentioned earlier – LARGE DOSES OF HOPE.

And as if the ego boosters and the hope were not sufficient with one girl in the frame, director Frank Coraci gets in the angle of a second woman played by Rosario Dawson – who I must say was a complete revelation. I haven’t seen her look as good as she did half way down The Zookeeper. Enough to make me change my priorities from wanting to get back my ex-girlfriend of 5 years back who dumped me on a beach when I proposed to her saying, “I don’t think I want to be with a Zookeeper for the rest of my life”. Now why would one go back to exactly the same girl? But unfortunately, it is the truth as I see so often around me. What is it that they say about the known devil? So anyways, our hero is suckered into the known devil and doesn’t notice the absolute goddess that is standing right in front of him with her arms open because she doesn’t look like much of goddess when she is playing the vet in the zoo right (Sigh!!! Men with always be men). All of this after the animals in the zoo decide to gang up and teach him how to attract the female of the species in their own animalistic manner. Cute eh? Not really. Starts getting on your nerves after a bit.

Zookeeper is a weak comedy and if that wasn’t enough, it is also slapstick. There is nothing much to write home about the direction, acting, screenplay, editing or whatever it is that makes a good movie. It is an all out average movie with all the departments coming up only to a base level score of 4 on 10. Some sequences of the animals talking are reasonably shot but that’s about it. Really nothing to look forward to. 4 on 10 as declared a couple of lines back. Easy to give a miss.

Trailer on http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi593927449/

No comments:

Post a Comment