Tuesday 8 January 2013

Meri Shaadi Karao

Gurdeep Mehndi (GM) : Pappa Pappa mera 21st janam din aane wala hai. (my 21st birthday is coming up) Mere liye kya gift de rahe ho? (What will you gift me?)


Daler Mehndi (DM) : Beta jo chahiye maang le. 21st janam din bahut special hota hai. Iske baad tu legally…. Erm.. (Ask for anything my son. A 21st birthday is always special, you can legally… erm)

GM : Pappa who sab toh I have already experienced. But ek cheez ab tak nahin kar paaya hoon (I haven’t been able to do one thing yet)

DM : Bolo beta (Tell me son)

GM : Pappa maine Bollywood picture mein hero ki acting karni hai (I want to act in the role of a hero in a Bollywood Movie)

DM : Beta (Son) are you sure. Beta tu theek toh hai? Arre Gurdeep ki maa zara thermometer laana, Gurdeep ko bukhaar ho gaya hai (Son are you ok? Gurdeep’s mother please come with a thermometer, I think our son has fever)

GM : Pappa aap bhi na. (Please don’t joke papa). I am serious papa.

DM : beta (son) don’t be silly. Aise zid nahin karte. Waise bhi picture produce…. Oh achcha ab samajh mein aaya, you are not getting any other producers so you want me to fund your movie? (Mutters under breath – What have I done?!?!?!? Kuch aur nahin pooch sakta tha!!!!)

GM : Papa aap mere saath saath rehke smart ho gaye ho (Dad my smartness seems to have rubbed off on you)

DM : Ab beta tune pooch liya toh karna hi padega (now that you have asked, I will have to accept) but what will be the story

GM : Story mein, there will be a horny fat uncle (Manoj Pahwa) who hasn’t learnt from his past rejection by his college crush Pritam (Sakhawat Naz) and will want me to get married to her daughter Radhika (Radhika Ved) so that he can have a chance at her again

DM : (Sweating profusely) aur. Aage bolo

GM : I will make an entry in a dance sequence surrounded by cheap European girls (you will not be able to afford expensive ones no) and wearing a variety of clothes but my shoes will remain silver in colour.

DM : (by now drenched in sweat) Silver? Why?

GM : Dad – aap toh jaante hai na. Silver is my favourite colour

DM : OK beta. As you like it. Aaage?

GM : I will fall in love with Radhika. Pritam will reject wedding because of my uncle being a liar. Pritam’s ex husband will come to attack her in my uncle’s house. My uncle will save her. They will forgive each other and become good friends. And my wedding will be back on track.

DM : But beta, aren’t you supposed to be the hero here (by now he needs a shower and his turban is also soaked).

GM : (whining like a 2 year old) Papa don’t ask so many questions. Just promise me you will give the money for the movie. And don’t worry papa, we will get a cheapie director (Syed Noor) who will do the movie for free. We will also get actors who will pay us money for acting and all technical team who will do work for pittance.
But we will shoot in Dubai for 2 days. To ensure that people believe we were in Dubai all the time, we will rent a large house and put in in a big photograph of a sheikh. We will also take images of ferrari’s without actually hiring them. Paise bachane ke bahut tareekein hai (lots of ways to save money). Don’t worry dad. I will keep expenses down to a bare minimum

DM : (very reluctantly and holding onto his chest) OK beta if you insist. (I will pretend to have given a 2-3 crore gift instead)

GM : Oh Thank you papa!!!! (under his breath – bana diya na papa ko bhi ch….)

DM : (thinking to himself) Now I will need to continue singing for a long long time to come so that my talentless son can continue to act in B grade movies.

1 on 10. Thanks to some music that you could listen to. Gurdeep will soon find himself in the FMCG or apparel distribution business in the Punjab because Daler Pa ji will have good sense prevailing sooner than later.

Trailer on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPulpeAeN98

No comments:

Post a Comment