Friday 6 April 2012

Housefull 2

Amongst the so called Dirty Dozen, I have been wondering all the way during the build up to what I was quite confident would be yet another appalling effort from Sajid Khan, about 4 people. Of these 4, one Randhir Kapoor, I have never been too much in awe of but why would Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty and Boman Irani find themselves signing a Sajid Khan movie? Is there so much dearth of good quality movies around for these great names who have done so much for Indian cinema and really have nothing much to prove. Money talks I guess.

Amongst the younger breed, I can completely understand the reason for an Akshay Kumar and John Abraham being present here. There is not much of acting talent there and comic timing has betrayed AK a long time back. So anything that comes their way is good enough I guess. Shreyas Talpade is again a victim of “Money Talks”. Ritesh Deshmukh – sincere as always but I guess this is what he will continue to get as offers and this is what he will take.

The slapstick story (I know I know I am stating the obvious) of Housefull 2 has nothing to do with the first part if that’s any solace. This time around, we have Sunny (AK) & Max (John) who are the crooks from college and sworn enemies thanks to a misunderstanding involving a woman. On the other hand we have close friends Jai (Talpade) and Jolly (Ritesh) who are sons of rich folks – Jolly being the son of the super rich business tycoon JD (Mithun Da). Jai’s father gets insulted by Kapoor & Real Son (Rishi) when they visit him to ask for the kapoor daughter’s hand in marriage. Jai’s father suffers a heart attack and is in coma. Jai seeks revenge and pays Max 50K pounds to pose as Jolly and then dump the daughter at the last minute. One Jolly leads to another and before you know we have 4 Jollys and a minor headache.

There is not much acting or directing or screenplay or dialogues or editing or anything that would go into making a movie that is on display in Housefull 2. It is once again a self obsessed effort from a man who listens to very few as they say – Sajid Khan. I guess the fact that none of his movies have truly flopped and the fact that there were enough morons in the hall laughing their guts out indicates that there is enough of a fan following for his brand of ridiculously painful comedy. More power to the guys like Sajid Khan I say who listen to their smart brains more than the call to make quality cinema. My rating will hold little or no bearing on the success of the movie. 2 on 10 is what I would give on a good day.

Watch the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LCQ2suUSUw

No comments:

Post a Comment