Saturday 10 May 2014

Khwaabb

I dream of an India where all sport is given equal importance and not just cricket.  I dream of an India where an athlete who can run fast enough to qualify for the world championship is given the proper facilities to maximize his performance.  I dream that this athlete also gets his due and is not asked to pay `1.5 lacs ($3000 approximately) after he has qualified for the world championships.


I dream of an India where a champion swimmer is not asked to wear a bikini by her “one foot in the grave” instructor and asked to come in for “special” practice at 8 pm.  I dream of an India where this girl doesn’t have a drunk father who beats her up for no reason.  I dream of an India where this girl doesn’t have to run away from home, trusting the word of a talent scout.  I dream of an India where this girl is sent to a training camp by her parents – with pride.

I dream of an India where sponsors don’t turn you away because you aren’t Yuvraj Singh or M S Dhoni.  I dream of an India where these sponsors don’t insult you by giving a cheque for `1100 when the amount required is `1.5 lacs.  I dream of an India where the corrupt officials behind this ridiculous amount are summarily discharged from their duties and jailed.

I dream of an India where a film maker decides to complete his research thoroughly before making a sports movie.  I dream of an India where this film maker has the talent to show the intensity behind a sport the way it actually is.  I dream of an India where we don’t have to wait for decades before we see a great sports movie.  I dream of an India where a Shah Rukh Khan is not required to call a sports movie a success.

I dream of an India where an actor playing a lead role actually runs fast enough so that the other sprinters don’t have to be asked to jog so that the actor wins the race. I dream of an India where actors take their roles in sports movies seriously enough to prepare hard for their role.

I dream of an India where the actors playing coaches can say stuff other than, “Come on!!! You can do it!!!”  I dream of an India where a sports movie will actually be seen by an audience greater than 3 on a Friday afternoon.  I dream of an India where a sports movie encourages all 3 to stay till the end of the movie and not walk out in about 30 minutes.

I dream of an India where movies like Khwaabb (Dream) get some assistance from experts so that the narrative is reasonably intense.  I dream of an India where movies like Khwaabb get assistance on their research so as to ensure that a good concept and story doesn’t fail to generate a response to break even.  I dream of an India where I could give a score of 7 on 10 at least instead of a 5 on 10 for a sports movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment