Saturday 9 November 2013

Huff! - It's Too Much

There is a dialogue in the trailer of Huff! - It's Too Much that goes something like this, “Agar mujhe girna hi hai toh mein pyaar mein kyun giroon? Chocolate mein kyun nahin”? (If I have to fall, why should I fall in love? Why not into Chocolate?).  Unfortunately for me, I saw the trailer after I had booked my tickets for the show.  I had a choice, mind you, to not go for the show but my curiosity got the better of me.


And it doesn’t end there actually.  Here are some more vignettes for your consumption. 
  1. You and I would not have worked out anyways. I do not travel on roads that have too much traffic and too many signals.  (What?)
  2. Relationships are like fat people.  They never work out.  (Excuse me?)
  3. Laila ki yaad mein dil datura hogaya, jab fatne lagi dil toh batura ho gaya (aaargh!!!! – and I am not even certain I got that one right) 
The mother of all conversations that would have ensured that even the most patient of people would have run away from
Kevin (Niks Vaja) – Ishi, maybe there is a misunderstanding
Nishi (Armeena Rana Khan) – I am a miss and I am understanding.  So now I want a Mr. Understanding.

Run! Run!! Run!!! Run as fast as you can away from the 6 screens that are playing Huff! – Its Too Much because it is indeed just too much. An attempt at a romantic comedy that involves 2 confused souls leaves the audience with absolutely no doubt that they have been just relieved of a couple of hundred bucks (if you were lucky that is).  Imagine the plight of people watching this in South Mumbai.  2 people – 1000 bucks!!!

Pushkar Jog happens to be the lead actor and the director.  It is quite apparent in about 5 minutes as to why that was the case.  Surely no one else wanted to play the lead role with a script like this.  And the same reason is applicable for the disastrous effort from the rest of the cast that has no clue to what acting is.

And how in the blazes does someone as average looking as Armeena Rana Khan find herself in the top 10 Asian hotties list in UK? Great PR company probably. No other explanation for sure.  I hope she realizes quickly that her future in acting is quite bleak.  Non-existent to be a bit more precise.

The trailer wraps up with – It’s exciting. It’s funny. It’s complicated. It’s confusing. It’s too much. It is none of the above.  It is just rotten cinema.  This week will have a tough fight between Satya 2 and Huff! – Its too much for which movie is worse.  The scales are currently tipping towards Satya 2 because RGV is a pro at even messing up a movie.  1 on 10 for this piece of crap as well.  Bad week for Bollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment